Sunday, April 6, 2008

Good Weekend


Just got back home from a day on the town with my boy and my lady. We walked up and down State, a pleasure I seldom get. We saw all the IPODians in their black NorthFace fleeces with white earbuds hanging down and it was so nice outside they didn't even bother me. Beautiful weather all weekend! Sun, warm breeze, and no rain (yet). We stopped for ice cream. Yum! Yellow Jersey revealed numerous track and flip/flop hubs from which to build a new single speed wheel for my beater, although I would have to alter the spacing to 135mm.

Unfortunately the great old tree on University across from where the Open Pantry used to be has been cut down. I'm sure the streets department decided it was crowding the street and sidewalk to the point where they would have to re-route them both, if the tree were to stay, yeah right!

Yesterday we hung out around the farm, played with some cars, bikes, and flew a kite; we also repaired the foundation's insulation.

In other news I've decided to build another bike. I've been trying to decide whether to build a street trials rig or a 'cross bike. I regret selling my previous 'cross machine many years ago to djonnymac when I had built a 105 based Mongoose Crossroads with modified dropbars ala carjack, and alternating green and organge spoke nipples to match. The 'cross
would be more practical and could also pull my son's trailer, then trail-a-bike so that's what I've decided. Cyclocross. Can't wait 'til next years bike swap.


No comments: