After a weekend full of trail development, and on and off again rain today I finally got out on the mountain steed and painted its' undercarriage a fresh coat of brown "...and the mud will flow!" Doesn't that sound like a great movie quote? Or is that the beer talking. Anyway, a friend and I hit up Quarry Ridge this afternoon for a few hot laps. The entrance was full of swimming ducks. Water covers over 2/3rds of the parking lot and the connector trail from the easy to intermediate trails is very slimy. The 1st bridge on the way up is out and the crick (yes I said crick) was engorged. "The Climb" has gotten much easier with all the use; throwing the majority of large stones off to the sides. The downhill section has changed a little (to my liking) since fall, when I rode it last, but everything else is the same. What a great little place to ride when time is limited. I definitely need to get out there for some trail maintenance days.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
MTB Season is Here!
After a weekend full of trail development, and on and off again rain today I finally got out on the mountain steed and painted its' undercarriage a fresh coat of brown "...and the mud will flow!" Doesn't that sound like a great movie quote? Or is that the beer talking. Anyway, a friend and I hit up Quarry Ridge this afternoon for a few hot laps. The entrance was full of swimming ducks. Water covers over 2/3rds of the parking lot and the connector trail from the easy to intermediate trails is very slimy. The 1st bridge on the way up is out and the crick (yes I said crick) was engorged. "The Climb" has gotten much easier with all the use; throwing the majority of large stones off to the sides. The downhill section has changed a little (to my liking) since fall, when I rode it last, but everything else is the same. What a great little place to ride when time is limited. I definitely need to get out there for some trail maintenance days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment